Do you have an upcoming wedding, formal, anniversary, party, date or special event but are lacking inspiration? then let us give you a couple of ideas that will have you shining on your special day.
What’s Hot in Formal Hairstyles
- Trendy Ponytail. Sitting high on the head with a few loose curls, perhaps even with a knot design in the middle.
- Accessorised Updo – Perfect for weddings or formals
- Twisted Updo – If you are going for an all out glam look you can’t go wrong with an updo with large twist features. You could add in your favourite accessories to finish the look.
- Loose curls & a fishtail braid – if you are looking for something a little simpler this could be the one for you. Loosely curled hair with a fishtail braid worn on the side of your head.
- Half Updo – Pure vintage glamour the half updo is simple yet stunning.
- Braided Updo – the formal braided updo that is twisted and braided. This creates a formal yet relaxed style.
- Flowers in your hair – looking to create a more boho look, then why not try using flowers in an updo that features elegant twists and a low bun
- Formal bun with a loose braid – Perfect for women with long hair, it features a relaxed braid that is twisted into a large bun. Finish it off with some loose curls and volume.
- Twists – Another boho look can be achieved by creating a twisted updo with some loose waves. Perfect for a beach wedding.
- High Bun – this is a popular style for formal occasions. The best ones look effortlessly glamorous. Make sure you utilise gems or other sparkly adornments throughout, tease out a couple of bits of hair to create some loose curls at the front. This is a great style to use if you want to use accessories.
- Wavy ponytail with volume – think voluminous waves!
- Curled bun with a Fishtail braid – this is a simply gorgeous look particularly when you add a few loose curls front and back.
- The three combo – think Fishtail braid, twists, and then brought together into an updo.
- Side braid – this is perfect for women who have slightly shorter hair and features a low bun
- Classically elegant – if you are looking for something that is not too complex then the elegant bun is for you, Made up of a twisted bun, volume and loose curls.